[Artemisia] Estrella War News You Can Use

Carl Leist media at estrellawar.org
Mon Nov 16 17:13:20 CST 2009

As we prepare for Estrella War XXVI, there is lots of things we’d like you
to know about, but we don’t want to clog up your e-mail or overburden the
lists, so we are bundling many messages in each Estrella War News You Can
Use release.

There are *5 *messages in this release so keep scrolling down to read the
ones that interest you. Thanks!

#1 Equestrian Coordinator seeks "Sponsors"

#2 Teachers needed for A&S Classes at War

#3 Online sign up for EW A&S Competition available

#4 Volunteer Spirit to be returned in good condition

#5 Save $20 per person by pre-registering for war

#1 The Equestrian Coordinator, is soliciting sponsorship of Equestrian
Special Events.. She needs a Sponsor to provide a "class" at the Equestrian
Area Lady Shoshana Drakere is looking for a few good equestrians to
demonstrate horsey stuff for the youth populace. The idea here is to have
the youth come down to the Equestrian Area for a demonstration, perhaps of
horse anatomy, armor, barding, games....she is open to your suggestions.
This would be followed by a "barding" class done on plastic horses either
under our tents at the Equestrian Area or back at the Youth Center. If you
are interested in coordinating this event, or you have any other event you
are willing to sponsor please contact me
at*equestrian at estrellawar.org*<equestrian at estrellawar.org>

#2 As the warrior’s feet take them to wars battlefield, we artisans are
blessed with an opportunity to gather and share the knowledge we have gained
this year. So, please sign up to teach it at *
http://www.estrellawar.org/Activities/ArtsandSciences/ASTeacherSignUpForm.aspx
*<http://www.estrellawar.org/Activities/ArtsandSciences/ASTeacherSignUpForm.aspx>

#3 THL Raven Mayne, Atenveldt A&S minister says he is "very happy to
announce there is now a NEW easy to fill out ONLINE Estrella War XXVI (26)
Arts and Sciences Competition Preregistration form. No more need for
printing, coping, scanning, mailing the form to get them in.. And just to
let everyone know we already have an entrant for EW A&S Competition from the
Kingdom of Artemisia, so fill your form out today! Pre-registration must be
*received* by Saturday January 16, 2010 You can get to those forms from the
Estrella War Web site at
http://www.estrellawar.org/Activities/ArtsandSciences/ArtsAndSciencesCompetition\.aspx
Or from the Atenveldt Kingdom A&S website at:
http://arts.atenveldt.org/Estrella.aspx*
*

#4 Here’s a missive from Lady Henriette de Saint Denis, EW Volunteer
Coordinator, and Resident of Caid "Warmest and most grateful greeting to you
from the Estrella War Volunteer Department! Thank you to all who have
already submitted their volunteer form indicating their commitment to loan
the war effort their Volunteer Spirit. Such generous benefaction of time is
what helps keep the dream alive- now and forever.
If you have not already committed to loan the War "your" Volunteer Spirit
for Estrella, know that the following Volunteer Spirit Terms of Use will be
strictly adhered to:

*Volunteer Spirit Terms of Use:*

A). Any and all Volunteer Spirit loaned to the Estrella War effort will be
returned to its owner in better condition than it was loaned. After all, we
want you to allow us to borrow it again in the future!

B). No Volunteer Spirit will be refused. Any and all volunteers will be
happily accepted and appreciated no matter their home kingdom, household,
title, lack of title, fighting interests, arts interests, hat size, or any
other excuse for why you thought your Volunteer Spirit would be rejected in
the past... This is EVERYONE’S war and all are welcome!

C). Every reasonable effort will be made to accommodate the scheduling and
specific needs and/or department preferences of any Volunteer Spirit loaned
to the Estrella War effort.

D) In return for the generous loan of your Volunteer Spirit, among the
end-of-war raffle prizes, daily raffle prizes, camaraderie, snacks and other
forms of goodies, you will also be showered with heaps of gratitude and
appreciation.

It's easy to register: Simply go to the Estrella War website, look for the
Volunteering tab and fill out the very easy form. So now that you know the
terms for which your volunteer time and efforts will be accepted, please do
not hesitate to volunteer!

#5 I just saved $40 by pre-registering for Estrella War for myself and my
brother (who comes out from Calontir each year) You can save on your
Estrella war registration fees too! Just pre-register on line or through the
mail and the savings is yours. PS, you also have your camping space reserved
at the same time - no extra trouble!

Thank you!

Estrella War XXVI Media Office

Dame Katharine of Cate Hall