[Artemisia] More scroll discussion

Thor and Jenn Nordwick hjordierocks at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 19 11:44:05 CST 2009

There have been some very excellent points brought up. I admire everyone in this Kingdom for their ability to voice their thoughts without it turning nasty.

I would like to point out that e-mail can only convey a small percentage of what you really mean to say. Have you all seen this?: http://www.bnet.com/2422-13731_23-241106.html

A simple e-mail or phone call for clarification before starting a project would solve a whole bunch of hurt feelings. When in doubt, e-mail and ask for clarification. When really in doubt, pick up the phone and call. Or plan a meeting face to face.

I bet there is a ton of wiggle room in the standards set. I have seen photocopies hastily colored in with colored pencil be presented and thought to myself, "oh I hope that was a promissary." I have seen beautiful works of art presented on the field at a camping event in the rain ruined. (I made a scroll and when I heard it was to be presented at Estrella, I almost didn't give it up for fear of it not making it  home in the same condition it was presented in...) the most memorable scroll I've seen was done in stained glass.

I would hope the primary aim is for quality work.

Lady Gwenhwyvar