[Artemisia] Artisans and the use of good materials

LadyPDC at aol.com LadyPDC at aol.com
Fri Nov 20 01:11:05 CST 2009

Darn it   used the wrong signature line on the last missive -  this is my
SCA siggy.

Constance de la Rose, OL

Barony of Loch  Salaan
Kingdom of Artemisia

"Remember, it should also be  fun"

In a message dated 11/19/2009 11:45:18 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
carynvnk at comcast.net writes:

Greetings everyone:
Lady Aurora asked with trepidation:
Most  important: How can I teach grade-schoolers to blend tempera paints
from
the  raw materials without getting caught in the middle of a gooey egg
fight?
:P

And Caryn replies:  Use gum arabic.

Or make  glair from the egg whites (egg yolks don't do well in manuscript
painting)  and they cease to resemble eggs at all. You have to do this
anyway
before  you can use them for binder.

Stickily  yours,
Caryn