[Artemisia] Southern Regional Collegium

Asheel Terestini ashe_el at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 22 20:44:42 CST 2009

The annual Southern Regional
Collegium will be held on April 10, 2010, once again jointly hosted by
the Barony of Loch Salann, the Barony of Gryphon's Lair, the Province
of Arrows' Flight and the Shire of Cote du Ciel. Site yet to be
determined, but will likely be in Davis County, UT (Gryphon's Lair).

Snow has just begun to dust the frozen ground, and a time for our minds
to wander to the many things we'd like to do for next season.  Come
spring there will be an event to feast the mind with many wonderful
concepts, and I, Ashé'el, seek teachers, to present classes of
historical orientation.

We
wish to focus this Spring's Collegium classes on topics that can be
directly tied to specific time periods; classes may be historical in
nature or arts/sciences related, and linked to a focused time period
within the broader period studied by the SCA as an educational
organization. This will help us create class tracks of specific time
periods and/or cultures within the whole of medieval history.

If you wish to teach, please send your class information to Lady Ashé'el, class coordinator for this event.

Name:

Class Title:

Class description:

Period this class would cover: (example first – sixth century.  1550-1800, etc)

Class limit:

Class cost:

There
will also be separate heavy armored and rapier tracks; further
information forthcoming.  Archery/Thrown Weapons will be dependent upon
the site.

For further information/questions:

Arts and Science class coordinator: Lady Ashee'l Terestini (ashe_el at yahoo.com)

Event Steward: Dame Ellisif Sleggja, OP (dameellisif at gmail.com)

Volunteers Needed: We have
need of a Lunch Steward/Kitchen Team to serve a simple lunch for this
event (think finger foods).  If you're interested, please contact Dame
Ellisif.

Please, cross-post to other kingdom lists.