[Artemisia] OT - Greyhounds for Adoption- correction

Raven DuLoche RavenDuLoche at FaeWood.org
Tue Nov 24 02:45:54 CST 2009

-----Original Message-----
From: Raphaella DiContini
[mailto:raphaellad at yahoo.com]
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2009 11:10 AM
To: steps at antir.sca.org; wyewood at wyewood.org;
RavenDuLoche at FaeWood.org
Subject: Re: [STEPS] Fw: [wyewood] OT - Greyhounds
for Adoption- correction

I just recieved this correction from Countess
Taisiia, if possible please forward this back to
the Artimesian list, if they haven't yet seen it:

This just came through on one of my lists:

GPA National Response

An e-mail has been circulating recently with some
figures and statements
that to the best of our knowledge contain outright
bogus or misleading
information about the closing of Dairyland.

This is the information I can share with you all
regarding this tracks
closure from our volunteers heavily involved in
assisting these greyhounds:

1) Currently the number of dogs at Dairyland (DGP)
is unknown. A State
official indicated they would have a list ready in
2 weeks. 900 was the
number given in a recent newspaper article, but we
anticipate that number is
high and the realistic number is somewhere between
300-500 dogs.

2) There is confirmation from the track
veterinarian, who is a State of
Wisconsin employee, that no dogs will be left
behind. The facility will stay
open as long as it takes to find adoption groups
for all the dogs that are
left at DGP.

3) Hauls are being organized to move the pet dogs
out of the track prior to
the closing to relieve some of the burden. This is
going smoothly. Racers
can't be moved until January 1st, since racing
will continue until Dec.
31st. A haul going east through Ohio is scheduled
to leave Dec. 5th. Another
haul is leaving for Canada around the same time.
Both of these hauls are
going to groups that are approved to accept dogs
by the State of Wisconsin.

4) All of the regional adoption groups are all
ready in communication with
each other and are strategizing how to move the
dogs and increase adoptions.
Its a good team and confidence is high in their
abilities to get the job
done. The groups are from WI, IL, MI, MN, IN, OH
and IA (the neighboring
states), but we anticipate support from well
beyond that perimeter.

Rory S. Goree'
President - Greyhound Pets of America - National

In joyous and humble service,
Raffaella