[Artemisia] FW: Invitation to Bards in Artemisia

Jackman-Brink, Julia Julia.Jackman-Brink at mso.umt.edu
Tue Nov 24 08:29:59 CST 2009

Sorry about the double forward...

From: Juliana [mailto:artemisianseneschal at yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 7:29 AM
To: julia.jackman-brink at umontana.edu
Subject: Fw: Invitation to Bards in Artemisia

--- On Tue, 11/24/09, Dean Edwards <dedwards at igc.org> wrote:

From: Dean Edwards <dedwards at igc.org>
Subject: Invitation to Bards in Artemisia
To: artemisianseneschal at yahoo.com
Date: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 5:47 AM

Greetings Your Excellency,

I would greatly appreciate your kindness in passing along the following
missiff to those good gentles in the Kingdom of Artemisia whom it may be
of interest and benefit.

Greetings to My Lords and Ladies of the western kingdoms of our Society,

We invite all members of our Society in the western kingdoms of An Tir,
Outlands, Atenveldt, Caid, Artemisia, and the West, who have either held
bardic positions or acquired an interest in the Welsh language or Celtic
cultures to pray attend and read this announcement. I myself am a former
feast herald for the Rowany Festival in Lochac during its early days and
now reside in the Barony of Terrapomaria in An Tir.

While this announcement may be considered mundane, it honors the
excelence of the bards of our kingdoms over these many years and
considers one and all worthy of the appellation BARD in any world.

Yours in service,
Lord Dikran Aivazian, CLM
Currently resident in the ancient Barony of Terrapomaria, Principality
of the summits, Kingdom of An Tir

We have, in support of a major Welsh Cultural Festival, the Left Coast
Eisteddfod, Portland, Oregon, October 2010, begun the work to organize a
new association (Gathering) of Bards in our region of the western United
States and Canada. The new Western North American Gorsedd has immediate
openings for several people who are willing to assist with organizing
the new Gorsedd, including one druid, two bards, and one ovate from the
Pacific Northwest, two of each from the American Southwest (CA, NV, AR,,
NM), and two of each from the third area for portions of the Rocky
Mountains and western plains (MT, WY, CO, UT). Please review the site
below for the latest descriptions of these secular grades in Civic
Druidry. They are drawn from the ancient model, but cast into a
twenty-first-century mode.. These descriptions are also found in earlier
renditions in Northwest Druidry in facebook groups and in the North
American Gorsedd Association page in americymru. They do differ from the
standard modern versions familiar to the Gorsedd Beirdd Ynys Prydain
(the Welsh National Gorsedd) and of contemporary sacred organizations in
modern Neo-druidry.
http://americymru.ning.com/group/westernnorthamericangorsedd

See also Left Coast Eisteddfod
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=39141777462
<http://www..facebook.com/group.php?gid=39141777462>

As we organize this association and work with our counterparts and
groups in Wales. This is an opportunity to share the skills and
knowledge of our Society with a broader audience and directly
participate in the modern Celtic revival in our region.

The Left Coast Eisteddfod has been moved to coincide with Wordstock, a
major book fair in Portland, Oregon, October, 2010. Competitions by
submission do not require attendance at the event and may be in either
Welsh or English categories for
Poetry
Short  Story

There are also competitions for Visual Image (theme is "a sense of
place))
Short Video (being developed and soon to be posted)

For links and information, see the Left Coast Eisteddfod group in
facebook. You need not be a facebook member to use these links.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=39141777462

An excellent reference for bardic competitions in the mundane world
today is "The Book of the Bardic Chair," RJ Stewart Books, by my friend
Kevan Manawring.

As in the above section, I remain,
yours in service,
Dikran Aivazian, CLM
AKA Dean Edwards
formerly of the Mists and Lochac,
Now amidst the populace of our northern kingdom!
dedwards at igc.org