[Artemisia] Solstice Feast Reservations

Zafirah Tahreer Bint Al Riyah zemlar at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 24 14:03:33 CST 2009

Greetings good gentiles,

Solstice Court is fast approaching (December 12th!) and we have only received a few feast reservations.  Remember, reservations should be postmarked by December 1st so don't put it off.  We still have over 100 reservations available so if you were worried there would not be enough room left, please don't wait.  This is feast is going to be yummy!  The menu is as follows:
First Course
Nan, Hummus (Flat Bread & Bean Spread)
Salad (Spinach, Cucumbers, Feta and Nuts)
Second Course
Kabab Kubideh (Grilled Ground Meat)
Kookoo Sabzii (Herbs and Vegetable Soufflé)
Third Course
Khoreshe Fesenjan (Pomegranate Chicken)
Rice (Contains nuts)
Fourth Course
Halva (A Candy)
Rangrrnak (Stuffed Dates) (Contains nuts)
***Due to allergy concerns, dishes containing nuts can be prepared without nuts if advance notice is given.

In addition to feast, we have a wonderful Grand Ball planned.  Lady Elizabeth Carter, the lovely incipient Baroness of Gryphon's Lair, will be conducting a wonderful schedule of dances.  The dancing will also be accompanied by the wonderful live performance of Loch Salann's own musician's guild.  The dances that are planned are as follows:

Single Bransle
Gathering Peapods
Petit Riens

Break

Malties
Rufty Tufty
Amoroso

Brake

Hearts Ease
Harolds in Love
Madam Cesilia's Almond

And if you are new to dancing, never fear, there will be dance lessons before the ball, scheduled from Noon until 2:00 PM

If dancing is just not your thing, we also have a cribbage tournament scheduled to start at Noon and continue through out the day until completed.  Also, a collection of heraldic items will be on display in celebration of the arts and sciences of the Barony.  If you would like to bring your own items displaying your device we would love to share the fruits of your talents and include them in the display.  There are wonderful planks for hanging banners so please bring yours so we can fill the hall with our history.

There will also be a soup kitchen hosted by St. Catherine's Abbey.  They will be serving Lentil, French Onion and Chicken Rice soups.  The soup is free but a small donation ($2) is greatly welcomed.  Proceeds will be given to Toys for Tots.

Just a reminder, High Court is scheduled early in the day.  Their Excellencies, Ryryd and Anna, would like to open court at precisely 2:30 PM, so if you are like me and are excited to see what Hilde's answer will be, you should plan to get there early!

We have not forgotten the wee ones either.  Mistress Constance assures me she has some very fun activities planned and I heard a rumor that Father Christmas will be making his traditional appearance once again.

For more information about site fee, feast fee, directions, and where to mail your reservations go to:

http://www.loch-salann.org/docs/solstice09.html

Lady Zafirah Tahreer Bint Al Riyah
Chronicler, Barony of Loch Salann
MKA: Erika Andrach

http://www.myspace.com/zaphyrrah

"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"