[Artemisia] BGL Twelfth Night Event and Feast info

geneva sgenevah at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 30 21:58:33 CST 2009

12th  Night/Baronial Investiture
Barony  of Gryphon's  Lair
January  9,  2010
As  the  days  slowly  start  to  lengthen  and  we  bid  farewell  to  the  holiday  season,  please  join  us  in  one  last  celebration  of  winter.  As  our  honorable  Baron  Sir  Math  and  his  beautiful  and  wise  consort Baroness Mistress  Daria  have  decided  that  the  time  has  come  to  pass  on  the  Coronets  of  Gryphon's  Lair,  we  will  wish  them  safe  journeys,  then  turn  our  attention  to  welcoming  our  third  Baron  and  Baroness,  Don  Aaron  and  Lady  Elizabeth,  who  have  come  to  save  our  barony  from  the  Viking  reign  of  terror.
A  late  period  feast  will  be  prepared  be  Lady  Fiametta  in  the  style  of  King  Henery  VIII's  yule  feast.  We  will  also  be  trying  something  new  at  this  event  for  the  children.  We  will  be  holding  a  Feast  for  Children.  Children  will  learn  feast  etiquette  from  table  setting  to  table  protocol.
Site  fee  will  include  a  soup  and  bread  lunch  buffet  from  11:00  to  1:30.
A  new  A&S  champion  shall  be  chosen  at  this  event  based  on  both  the  recommendations  from  the  outgoing  Baron  and  Baroness  and  the  observations  of  the  upcoming  Baron  and  Baroness.  To  this  end  there  will  be  an  A&S  display.  It  is  asked  that  each  entrant  provide  minimal  documentation  for  the  entry,  and  all  entries  shall  be  welcome.
The  time  has  come  to  brush  up  on  your  Italian  Renaissance  dances  as  Lady  Maysun  will  be  hosting  a  Ball  in  honor  of  our  new  Baron  and  Baroness.
Merchants  will  be  welcome  with  a  donation  to  the  Baronial  Largess.

SITE:
Union Station, 2501 Wall Avenue, Ogden, UT 84401. The site is dry (will
be enforced by outside security), and no pets allowed. Site opens 10 am
and closes at 9 pm.
 SITE FEE: Adults $10, Children (5-16) $5, Family  cap  is  $30  (a  soup  and  bread  lunch  is  included  in  site  fee),
FEAST  FEE:  Adults  $8,  Children  (5-16)  $4,  Children  under  5  are  free.  Feast  cap  is  set  at  150,  and  prepaid  reservations  must  be  received  by December  20,  2009.  Send  to  Lady  Elizabeth  at 1164  North  225  West,  Centerville,  UT  84014.  Checks  should  be  made  out  to SCA  Inc,  Barony  of  Gryphon's  Lair.

Event  Steward:  Lady  Brigitta  des  Schweigends  (Geneva  Harline)  sgenevah at yahoo.com
Co-Event  Steward:  Lord  Domnall  the  Griff  (Trent  Baxter)
 Feast  Steward:  Lady  Fiametta  Da  Trasteverre  (Jennie  Fauss) Fiamettatrastevere at gmail.com

Twelfth Night Feast Menu

1st Course
            Dark Ale Beef Stew