[Artemisia] kingdom arms

Mike Bradley connor.mac.michil at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 03:33:09 CDT 2009

Hmm.

Really, totally, hmm.

As Deputy Principal Herald, I'm stumped.  Sort of.

The blazon, as written and registered, should be the maintained arrows
point down (because that is the default); however, from the
Principality days to now, I always thought that they were point up
(having seen it that way many times).  So, I have contacted the Ragged
Staff Herald (keeper of the Laurel files, herself Laurel Emeritus,
Artemisia's own wonderful Baroness Shauna) to see how the actual
emblazon was drawn when submitted.  The Laurel Office registers the
*emblazon* (the picture), not  the *blazon* (the words) ... so if the
original picture shows point up, it is a fairly simple matter to get
the words corrected; if the original picture shows the arrow point
down .... well, then it is *slightly* more complicated to get it
changed (approval of various folks, and maybe the populace input,
etc.).

Honestly, the griffons holding the arrows are such a pain in the arse
to draw, I forget which way the arrows go. :)

Don Conchobhar, Sage Herald