[Artemisia] The unfortunate missing of Investiture

Rodrigo Belmonte rodrigo_de_arquero at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 18 15:37:44 CDT 2009

It was with a fuzzy head, flaming throat, queasy stomach and very heavy heart that Isabel and I made the extremely difficult decision yesterday to fore-go the festivities, and spare the rest of the populace the horror of our infection.

Seems the Grim Reaper has sited me for his personal gain, lurking in the corner with a grin. Being the stubborn Scot I am however, I told him to scram.. along with a few choice places to stick his pretty scythe.

Today, I am able to remain vertical for more than ten minutes at a time, and I view that as a GREAT improvement from yesterday! I think he actually listened to me, for once, as I still (kind of) breathe.

To our beloved Porthos and Ce'Nedra, we are truly very sorry and disappointed that we could not share in your day of wonder. Please do not take our absence as any thing other than a very badly timed attack of the ickies. We love you both, crown or no crown, and are here to serve, as always.

I can hardly wait to hear the wonderous stories of the day, see pictures of the A&S entries, and vicariously relive the days fun and festivities with you all once we are back up on our feet.

In service to the Crown, Kingdom and the Dream,

Rodrigo Belmonte
Archer Bard
Barony of Arn HoldKingdom of Artemisia