[Artemisia] Collegium Teasers! (part 1)

B Wolf idahobrad at cableone.net
Mon Oct 19 23:13:59 CDT 2009

Kingdom Arts & Sciences Collegium is less than 3 weeks away, and if you are
unsure if classes may interest you at this event, I can assure you that the
answer is most likely YES!

So, over the next few nights, I will plant partial lists of classes being
offered at Kingdom Collegium.  The Overall Areas of Interest (there are 17
of them) are:
Life in Our Middle Ages
Research
Dance
Music
Heraldry
Food
Life in the Middle Ages
Clothing
Textile Arts
Armor, Weapons, and Fighting for the Heavy Suit
Equestrian
Archery & Thrown Weapons
Youth Oriented
Calligraphy & Illumination
Hot Stuff
Spanish Rapier
Rapier

So I'll give a short list each night this week... see if any of these may
strike your fancy.

Event Registration, Bids and Regular Reports, Oh my!  (or, Was I supposed to
do that?)
Care and Feeding of Royalty, or Being Retinue
Playfords Dance Class
Beginning How to Construct a Name around Europe
Insider info on being a Herald & beginning Heraldry
Cooking -- basic feast planning
Decoding the Bayeux Tapestry
Pleating: box, cartridge, German rolled and flat
Knitting
Two Piece Minimum for Armoring
Archery Bowstring Making Class
Perfumes, Lotions, and Ointments
How to use SCA "volunteer" experience in a modern resume
Spanish rapier: Thinking Straight
Spanish rapier: Pick-up Lines
Improvised/Unusual Rapier Weapons workshop & tourney

More teasers to come!

-Braden

Baron K. Braden von Sobernheim, OL,OP,GA
(Brad Wolf)
If stupidity is a disease, your case appears to be malignant.
But don't worry, I've heard that the cure is easily administered via a
delicate process involving a baseball bat...