[Artemisia] Harvest Court

Jackman-Brink, Julia Julia.Jackman-Brink at mso.umt.edu
Tue Oct 27 07:58:15 CDT 2009

Replied Privately.

-----Original Message-----
From: artemisia-bounces at lists.gallowglass.org
[mailto:artemisia-bounces at lists.gallowglass.org] On Behalf Of Jacquie
Ziegler
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 5:28 PM
To: Kingdom of Artemisia mailing list
Subject: Re: [Artemisia] Harvest Court

M Steele wrote:
> One correction that has been brought to my attention.  HE Adne and HE
Judith received a "Heritage" Baronage as they have successfully served
as a seated Baron and Baroness which is different than a Court Baronage.

> I learn something new everyday
> Lord Dunkr

Hmmm. This is something I have not heard of in 20+ years of courts and
heraldry in the Society. Usually when people step down from a Landed
Baronial position and are given a Court Barony in thanks and recognition

of their hard work, they are simply titled Court Baron (or Baroness, as
the case may be). In complete records of the Order of Precedence they
would be listed as 'Number' Baron/ess of <name of group>, to show a
lineage, as it were, for that Barony.

If there is going to be anything 'new' given as titles, then Laurel
Sovereign of Arms has to approve it - all alternate or new titles of
rank go through the same process for decisions that names and devices
do, but there has to be a great deal of research to back up a request
for additions to the titles listings. This is something that Corpora
covers explicitly.

Baroness Shauna