[Artemisia] Court happenings

Rachael Emborg rachael.emborg at gmail.com
Sat Sep 12 12:37:36 CDT 2009

On Sat, Sep 12, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Caointiarn <caointiarn1 at bresnan.net>wrote:

> There was a time and not that very long ago, that various people would
> write
> the List to give rave reviews about the events, and "Boy!  if you weren't
> there, this is what you missed!"   Any citizen can list awards given at
> Court they witnessed.  It needn't be a "formal" titled person.  So do your
> part, and send a note about the event you attended and what was great about
> it!
> Now I need to go congratulate Sir Daman on being King's Champion!
>
> Maistreas Caointiarn
> Autocrat for SCHOLA Sept 26th, ya'll come!

Absolutely!!  I know that there are those of us who cannot get to events,
and this will help the Kingdom seem a little closer.  At this time, there is
no one person designated to write a news report about the activities that go
on at each event, and the heraldic reporting system only addresses awards
given by Royalty or territorial nobility.  The emails or reports written by
various members of the populace often address much more than just the awards
that were given at each event.  And these can be written about local events,
many of which do not have any court at all.  The best way to fill in the
gaps in our Kingdom's history and lore is for each of us that see something
that we think is cool, important, special, etc.  about the events we attend
to write about it.   Perhaps if we all do this, we will not lose the history
of things in our Kingdom.  A lot of it is lost when all that is reported on
is awards, or reported on by people who see it as a job, not a joy, to write
such recollections.  They don't have to be long play by play messages to be
meaningful.

~Thea