[Artemisia] Question for Kingdom Teens

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 24 18:18:48 CDT 2009

> dear Fernando... yes he should be painting his shield by
> now...  I put forth the challenge to YOU to TEACH him
> to do just that.   :-)

Far be it from me to come between a warrior and his liege man,
but that sounds like the perfect invitation for a **teen class.**  >:)

> Jeremy has just mentioned his medium of choice would be tempura
>Portrait techniques he said would be great... of fruit bowls

You know, I do remember seeing some beautiful scrolls illuminated with
bunches of grapes on the vine. So this could be done.

> the boy does love fruit and has a bottomless stomach for it,
> you might be able to use it as a bribe.

Hey, whatever it takes to get the kids away from video games & iPods.
And they can eat the model.

>BUT...  he also stated since he is fighting now, fighting
> classes would take preference and hoped classes would not conflict.

We won't know if they will until Countess Esebell receives so many class offerings
that all the room and time slots are filled. The sooner teachers step up to the plate,
the sooner she can construct a schedule. (Ya think the hint in there is too subtle?)

> Daleene is still excited about the idea of a medieval prom.  She mentioned
> that titled as such it may even attract members of her Drama club, many of
> which are turning 18 in the next few weeks and could mean new members.  ;-)

I'd be willing to work with Tangl or anyone else who wants to pull this together --
but we may want to wait until the spring thaw in order to get maximum attendance.
Squeezing an event like this into the holiday season would only stress everyone terribly.

Aurora
off to find a Dutch master