[Artemisia] Teen prom

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 30 11:01:47 CDT 2009

Tanglhelping asked:

> When DO we want to do the Medieval Prom? Is Uprising the time? Or do we want
> to do it at a different time of the year? Arn Hold has a pretty nice Masked
> Ball in January that can be like a cotillion to act like Homecoming, or
> should the Prom be Masked Ball and Uprising be Homecoming?

Any teen event held during winter risks eliminating Northern Artemisians from the picture because of the treacherous roads.
I know we have at least a couple of teens in the Wyoming sector; in January they would be isolated, too.

If we want this dance to be something the majority of the kingdom's teens have an opportunity to attend, Uprising seems the most reasonable.
(Maybe have a duct-tape SCA formal wear contest during the day of the prom.) It's the most reliable event in the Artemisian calendar for making
weather, school schedules, and travel/vacation logistics cooperate.

I'd be happy to serve as one of the chaperones. Gives me a chance to see the next generation totally bling'd out.
Just don't be surprised if Maleficent slips some '80s head-banger tunes into the mix.  >:)

Aurora