[Artemisia] OT: Using M-Audio MIDI Connector With My Laptop - Anyone?

Biosigns biosigns83642 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 2 22:01:13 CDT 2010

Sorry to go so off-topic, although this is ultimately for SCA purposes, but I wondered if anyone out there could possibly help me off-list?  I'm trying to record some songs / vocal parts.  The idea is that I can play these on my Roland MP-70 keyboard, which will record one song at a time, and somehow use the MIDI hook-up on the back of the keyboard to connect to my laptop and then make a set of CDs for those who don't "read" (music), so they can learn the pieces by ear.

I've got an M-Audio connector, which I was told at the music store would do the trick.  However, I think I'm missing out on the "trick", because I can't seem to get the thing to work with Audacity, which in their opinion, was not optimal, but should be functional.  Techy help please?????

Thanks,
Katherine Wycliffe

 Saving one pet won't change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one pet.