[Artemisia] Wallmart longboat

Freydis the Good freydisthegood at gmail.com
Mon Apr 5 11:23:48 CDT 2010

I went in and looked at the boat.  For a creative person with time on their
hands, this should not be too much of a task.  I found this site:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-A-Cardboard-Dragon/   someone obviously
is good with cardboard and had plenty of time on their hands to make even
more details.  WOW was what I had to say...

This is also a good reference photo for making your own, AND the kids are
actually using it on the water:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_HBxEuAoz6uI/SN8BRNea4tI/AAAAAAAAC2s/r1FHMzFlj4A/s1600-h/blog092708-4.jpg

And the Cardboard boat races of Crystal Lake, Illinois:
*http://www.zuko.com/generation/Festival_Cardboard_Cup_Regatta.asp*<http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.zuko.com/generation/Festival_Images/Cardboard_Cup_Dragon_%2520Boat.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.zuko.com/generation/Festival_Cardboard_Cup_Regatta.asp&usg=__W9E-gG0-DGhLQfFQJU9d1kcWC0A=&h=183&w=220&sz=15&hl=en&start=33&sig2=EwwotstZV3-Xr-1ER0sEZQ&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=r62rCtq_yVsWQM:&tbnh=89&tbnw=107&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dcardboard%2Bdragon%2Bdesigns%26start%3D18%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26ndsp%3D18%26tbs%3Disch:1&ei=uAu6S-OKGYLmtgO0sdjpDA>

And George and the Dragon in cardboard:
http://www.kormondy.com/tag/slash-paper-exhibit/

And a picture of a shield that seems easy you could cover the sides with:
http://www.hyperborea.org/journal/2007/11/beowulf-in-3d/

And though my kids are 17 & 18 and would just dig making one of these, I've
got enough projects of my own right now... just helping is all!

Ok...  I had too much fun looking for these things.
Freydis