[Artemisia] Quest for Camelot 2010 is just one month away!

Juliana Foxcroft julifox at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 13 22:32:30 CDT 2010

Come one, come all, and join us for our annual camping season opener!

The theme this year is Legends of the Period.  Details regarding site
fees and rules are posted at www.questforcamelot.org.

Plans are in the works for heavy fighting, light fighting,
equestrian activities, and archery - details and schedules to be posted
on the website shortly, and will be posted at Troll as well.

We are still in need of classes and teachers!  Please consider sharing your knowledge with us this year.  If you're interested, please send me a private email with your SCA name, mundane name, class name, description, size limits, materials needed and/or fee, etc. Or, if you prefer, you can go to www.questforcamelot.org, click on the "volunteer" link, and fill in your information there - it will get to me either way.  Times will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis but some classes can overlap. Just contact me if you have any questions.  If you have previously sent me an email regarding classes but don't see them posted on the website, please accept my apologies.  We were out of state for a week due to an extreme family emergency, and I am afraid that I may have unintentionally deleted some emails regarding classes when I cleaned out my inbox up on our return to Schattentor.  Please re-send your email and I will get those classes posted for
 you right away.

Speaking of Arts & Sciences, please bring your A&S projects to share!  We will have a combined display/competition this year.  You can choose your level of participation - display only, populace choice, or formal judging.  If you are entering display only or populace choice, please provide at
least a 3x5 card with your modern name, SCA name, and name/description
of the item you're entering, including country of origin nand time
period.  If you would like your project to be formally judged, please provide documentation (minimum acceptable will be a 5x7 index card containing your modern name, SCA name, name/description (including country and period) of the item you are entering, characteristics that a similar period item would have had, and references).  I want to encourage performance entries as well - if you would like to
sing or tell a story for your entry, let me know, and we'll get you set
up!  Anyone who would like to help judge any formal entries can contact me via email at julifox at yahoo.com, or sign up at Troll.

Merchants!  There is no merchant fee for Quest!  And we'd love to have you!  Please contact me or Elkanah with the name of your business and a description of what you'll be selling.  We're also happy to post a link to your website, if you have one!

Hope to see you there!

YIS,

THL Juliana Foxcroft