[Artemisia] Cote du Ciel Renaissance Faire May 22!

Rebecca Mikkelsen mikkelsen_rebecca at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 29 11:19:10 CDT 2010

*Please cross post*

This is the 16th year that Cote du Ciel is hosting a Renaissance Faire
to benefit the community center where we have our weekly practices.
This Faire is one of the ways in which we "pay" for our use of the
building.  This is NOT an SCA event.

The Faire is on May 22 and runs from 10am to 5pm.  In the evening of the
 same day is a concert which will feature a
local Celtic band and Irish step dance troupe, which you may also like
to attend.  If you would like to
help with the Faire (or your kids insist on coming :), please
contact me off list.  I also have crash space available for those who
need to stay overnight.  There is always the possibility of a war
practice the next day . . .

Below is a description of the activities.  Please also check out
www.coteduciel.org/renfaire.html.

This is a 100% family-friendly event!

Food vendors: Ice cream, nuts, caramel corn, corndogs, hamburgers, etc.

Merchandise vendors: Usborne books, puppets

Interactive, hands-on activities:

Perilous Quest (battle "demons" and "Black Knights", rid the city of
the plague of rats, find treasure and rescue the maiden, all while
astride your steed and traversing the Adventure Playground); leather
working; chain mail making; candle making; jewelry making; make a crown;
 make a wooden sword; Nine Men's Morris; Viking Tug-o-War; make a pocket
 sundial; face painting; mini crossbow shoot; combat crossbow shoot; and
 archery.

Baroness Rebecca Chadderton, OL, OP