[Artemisia] Barony of Arn Hold Arts and Sciences Event

Kingdom of Artemisia Sage Advice Newsletter koasageadvice at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 22:24:14 CDT 2010

*Good Evening Kind Gentles,*
**
*Due to a horrifying oversite on my part, the event announcement for the
Barony of Arn Hold's Baronial Arts & Sciences event did not make it into the
Sage Advice. In an effort to get the information about this event out to as
many as I can, I am posting the event announcement here. Please cross post
to any list you may feel is appropriate. *
**
*My Most Humble Appologies,*
*Hilde*
*Kingdom Chronicler*

Baronial A&S Competition

Barony of Arn Hold

August 28th 2010

Come join The Barony of Arn Hold as we choose our new Baronial A&S
Champions.

We will be choosing an Adult Champion, a Novice Champion and Youth Champion.

We will also be holding a Crest Tourney, A&S display, Fundraiser Lunch, and
a few classes.

To compete for Baronial Champion you must enter 1 “Uber-cool” thing with
full documentation.

To compete for Novice Champion, one thing you learned with some form of
documentation

(3x5 card, single paragraph, poster board, etc.)

To compete for Youth Champion you must be under 18 and complete the same
requirements as the Novice Champion.

There will also be 2 Crest Tourneys. The requirements to compete are: your
crest must be at least 6 inches and detachable with MODERATE force (Velcro,
magnets, tape, etc) for both tourneys.

There will be a populace vote for favorite crest and possible bonus points
in the tourneys for a “period” constructed crest. Get creative fighters!!!!

The armored tourney will be fought with bastard sword 4ft. minimum. For the
Rapier fighters, the tourney will be fought single sword.

Both will be a Pas de Arms style. A crest will earn 5 points, a body or head
3 points and a limb 1 point. 3 counted blows or 1 crest ends the fight.

If your crest falls *anytime* after “lay on” is called the fight is over.

The fundraiser lunch will be a BBQ provided by our armored fighters to raise
funds to go toward more loaner armor. Prices to follow soon

Site is Parkview Bible Fellowship, 2620 N 36th St., Boise, ID 83703

Site Opens 9:00am and closes at 6:00pm

Site Fee: Adults $8.00, ages 5-16 $4.00, under 5 free.

Event Steward: HE Esebel Grant

AKA Sharon Cates

Ph# (208)761-0890, no calls after 9pm please

Co-Steward: HL Syeira Caminante

AKA Amber Snurkowski

(208)590-3860, no calls after 9pm please

MIC: Sir Fernando del Santiago

AKA Charles Snurkowski

(208) 590-3686, no calls after 9pm please

--
Kingdom of Artemisia Chronicler