[Artemisia] Museum Comes To Life in Arn Hold

Stapana Catriona Moriarity catriona_a_morganosa at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 23 11:51:20 CDT 2010

Please cross post to anyone not on this list as per request of the Demo Coordinator.

Museum Comes To Life!

Barony of Arn Hold
September 25, 2010

      Great friends one and all, The Barony of Arn Hold, presents for your enjoyment, entertainment, and participation, the latest installation of the greatest demo held in the Known World.  We shall be joining with all the other historical re-en-actors and re-creationists to teach, present, and lure the greater population under the rule (although they may not yet know it) of our Most Excellent-cies.  At the Museum Comes to Life we (and the other groups) take over several acres of Julia Davis park in Downtown Boise to set up an entire portrait of life in the times of our society. My husband and I found the Society through this event and it is one of the most dear and important events in our hearts!

      We will have displays of every sort from weaving to casting, dancing to rapier, equestrian to thrown weapons.  You are invited to join in and assist the general public understanding of what we do and why we do it.   The indisputably Mighty Wendel The Badger will be presenting a grueling tourney to determine the Baronial War Lord. This is THE opportunity for our graceful and clever Laurels, Strong and wise Knights, Humble and generous Pelicans and all those striving to live the dream to come and show why they are what they are, and how they got there.  This is the perfect opportunity to share your story as to how and why You joined the Society.  This is the time to Share Your Dream with others and let the fun shine through your example.  Your talent or skill is ready to be shared and we have the space to share it and people by the thousands ready and eager to see and hear what you have to share.  So set your candle on the hill top and let it be the guiding light that brings another the joy you have found in our Society. Come showcase your might, cunning, and ability in what promises to be one of the greatest days of teaching and service known to exist under the mighty rule of our Majesties!

      So come and share with us on this 25th day of September the reason we all play and live this dream of dreams and game of kings and gentles alike.

      Directions to site: Travelling on I-84 to Boise, take the Vista Road Exit and turn north. Stay on Vista until you see the Library! on the left and the signs for the Boise Museum on the right. They usually have a teepee right at the entrance. You might need to drive around a little, depending upon when you arrive, to find a parking spot but there are a lot of places nearby. If you want to bring something to display, please contact the Demo Coordinator for details and a Displayer parking pass.

      Several people have offered crash space to those traveling to help share this dream.  If you have any questions comments of suggestions pleas feel free to contact me on-line at mikedamerellandt at yahoo.com or 208-794-6668.

      Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter that is dear to my heart.  Engeline von Foxridge.