[Artemisia] membership fees

Padruig rayzentz at aim.com
Fri Dec 3 15:44:33 CST 2010

I am having difficulty understanding this entire discussion. My family pays the fees, and we do so happily, because we enjoy greatly our association with the SCA, and those friends who are a part of it. If we did not so enjoy it, we would not pay, nor would we participate any longer. I don't quibble over an additional 8 dollars A YEAR. that is next to nothing in comparison to the enjoyment we recieve from our membership. If I give up a mere 8 sodas OVER THE COURSE OF THE ENTIRE YEAR, I have more than made that up. 2 or 3 latte's (though I personally don't drink latte's), a single movie ticket, one less paperback book... Over the course of AN ENTIRE YEAR?

My gosh, really?

Now, if money is indeed really that tight, then yes, perhaps one should re-evaluate priorities. I would suggest perhaps giving up TV, and spending that time in a more productive fashion. We did.

Lord Padruig McTavish

Dr. Raymond Zentz

It is better to die a free man, than to live, a slave.