[Artemisia] Rising Prices was Membership Fees

Allen Hall dukealan at q.com
Sat Dec 4 13:10:32 CST 2010

> Consider this, as well.  The cost of our food will is going up as well as the price of everything else.  The price of gas in my neigorhood rose 10 cents  a gallon.  we are going to face rising prices all around us with little or no increase in wages.  Does anyone know when or where it will stop?  If you do please advise.  Alot of consideration is going to be given to all of this.  Good luck!
>
> Guillaume au bon cuer.

But wait, there's more.  Commodity prices on cotton have increased a BUNCH, so clothing - top to bottom and inside out-, will go up an estimated 30% next year.  Food prices will increase as well (corn has also skyrocketed and LOTS of things are made from corn), wheat is way up.  Gold has hit a record of over $1400 an ounce, and silver is a solid $29 an ounce.  What that really means isn't that gold and silver is so high, but your dollar is worth so much less.

And some icing on the cake... for those who have a job with benefits, beginning next year, you'll be taxed on those benefits.  THAT will take a hunk of change out of your pocket.  And if our politicians (of both R and D flavors) don't extend the tax cuts, then an additional $2,000 per year will come off the top our your wages in taxes.

In other words, we're BROKE.

Learn to garden, drive less, etc.  There's an old expression.  Use it up, make it do, or do without.

I just heard on the news that at least one commentator said that we may be in this mess for at least 7-10 years.  Ain't that swell?

Remember the Boy Scout motto:  "Be Prepared".

Good luck to all, and may you all be blessed during these current, and future, challenging times.

Alan