[Artemisia] Rising Prices

morgan wolf morganblaidddu at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 6 14:54:41 CST 2010

----- Original Message ----

One mundane point I feel I *must* make in this discussion- when we say "food is
getting more expensive", please remember that;  A] healthy food is already more
expensive than less healthy food, and B] the price increase on healthy food is a
higher percentage of previous cost than on less healthy food.  Couple those
points with these three: that 1] "food stamps" are *not* receiving the same
increases; 2] healthy food does not last as long as less healthy food (e.g.
canned peas are not nearly as healthy as fresh, but last 100 times longer); and
3] healthy meals in general take substantially longer to prepare than less
healthy meals do, time some of us don't have; and you have the answer to that
niggling little voice in the back of your mind that starts the unfriendly
comments when you see an obese person paying for "junk" food with "(your) tax
dollars".
My true point in all of this is to ask all of you to give the same benefit of
the doubt to those buying junk food with food stamps that you have given to me
over the past 3 3/4 years, a friendly smile from the others in line goes a long
way to off-set the arrogant, better-than-thou look we get from many cashiers.
Morgan

Baron Morgan Blaidd Du,
GHA(2), CQC, PCA, CCH;
Protege and Ghillie to Baron Master James Ulrich MacKellar, OL OP;
and Baroness Mistress Rachel Ashton, OP