[Artemisia] Rising Prices was Membership Fees

Susan E. Macnamara machay at xmission.com
Mon Dec 6 21:22:40 CST 2010

Quoting Allen Hall <dukealan at q.com>:

> Greetings Luveday,
>
> Some interesting observations.
>
> I think it's fair to say that the immutable laws of supply and
> demand have always had an effect on any economy.  And likely always
> will.
>
> The Paston family letters from the 15th C. are a very good display
> of this in action.

> For those interested in the time of great change (one of the reasons
>  I love the 14th century), another good book is "Time Travelers
> Guide  to Medieval England".  Alan

Your Grace: Thank you for your observations. I have the "Time
Traveler's Guide" and that is one of the ways I've learned about the
changes that happened in the 14th C. I also have a copy of (some of)
the Paston letters. I'll have to go back and re-read it from the
perspective of these issues.

Because my persona is early 14th C I don't have to be a curmudgeon
about how society is falling apart because of that new "middle class"
that's encroaching on the perogatives of nobles. Instead I'm
complaining about how awful the weather is and how bad the harvests
are, not to mention what a mess the monarchy is. Climate change was an
issue in the 14th C too!

YIS, Luveday de Salford