[Artemisia] Dog carts/ SCA dog stuff

Holly Howarth ainemaccullen at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 10 12:18:00 CST 2010

Excellency,

In my mundane life, I am a member of the Crossroads Molossar Club (http://crossroadsmolosserclub.homestead.com/) so I can get you on the right track.  :)  I know a couple of dogs that do both weight pull and carting.  The training is different for each, but the dogs "get" the difference pretty easily, and they really seem to love both!  One thing is vital: you need the correct harness for each type of pulling.  A correct harness will distribute the pressure of pulling on the areas of the dog's body that can easily handle it.  The wrong style, such as a regular walking harness, will only result in the dog getting hurt!  Here are a couple of links to carting websites:

http://www.dogdriving.com/
http://www.make-and-build-dog-stuff.com/dog-carting.html

My club's wp practices are pretty much ended for the season, but we're planning a pull in the spring and anyone who'd like to come watch is welcome!  If you'd like to try pulling, our practices are usually every other Saturday in American Fork; they'll start again in the spring as well.  (Keep an eye on the website for updates on both.) Any breed/mix is welcome, as long as the dog is friendly and up to date on vaccinations.  Hey, if my little Italian Greyhound can pull, any dog can!

If you, or anyone else has any questions about weight pull, just let me know!  :)

HL Aine MacCullen
ainemaccullen at hotmail.com