[Artemisia] Increased Membership Fees

yumitori yumitori at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 01:12:45 CST 2010

Well, the conversation has moved on, as it is wont to do. But still
the need remains, and I was quite serious when I offered to help those
members of the Laurel Kingdoms who were struggling.

I understand need; I've been there, and know what it can mean to have
to decide where best to spend limited funds. I have not received the
and no doubt we are all struggling. Still, there is some support, and
we can do our best to direct our limited resources.

So I'll repeat my call to the seneschals who are reading this. Please
let me know of your members who are most in need so that we can help.
And I'll extend the request to the rest of my brothers and sisters -
who now, today, needs our help? Let us see to their need.

Thanks to those who have already stepped up to help. And to the rest,
let us do what we can. Together we can get through this.

--
Ron/yumitori

On the 150th anniversary of the succession of several states from the
Union, let us quote from the 'Declaration of the Immediate Causes
Which Induce and Justify the Secession of South Carolina from the
Federal Union'

"Those States have assume the right of deciding upon the propriety of
our domestic institutions; and have denied the rights of property
established in fifteen of the States and recognized by the
Constitution; they have denounced as sinful the institution of
slavery; they have permitted open establishment among them of
societies, whose avowed object is to disturb the peace and to eloign
the property of the citizens of other States. They have encouraged and
assisted thousands of our slaves to leave their homes; and those who
remain, have been incited by emissaries, books and pictures to servile
insurrection."

http://avalon.law.yale.edu/19th_century/csa_scarsec.asp