[Artemisia] Perhaps a bit of a random question about "equestrian"events.

Freydis the Good freydisthegood at gmail.com
Fri Dec 17 20:35:32 CST 2010

OMG!!!  PICK ME, PICK ME, PICK ME TO HELP YOU RAID!!  I rode an elephant
saddle-less as a child, let me state here that is NOT a recommended thing to
do in shorts, even if they are jean shorts, but had a blast that day!  Not
to mention I would love to get my horse in an arena with a camel just for
the desensitizing!  Oh, I can hear the snorting now!!  LOL!!
Once upon a time...  I think I remember the "old" handbook saying something
along the lines of all creatures in the "Stable".  However, it is now up to
the equestrian martial in charge of the event "what" is allowed and not
allowed on their field and the new handbook says this:

*

Part II. Horse Regulations
*

A. Horse definition for our purposes includes horses, ponies, miniature
horses, donkeys, mules, and zebra are all considered equidae by mundane law
and are referred to throughout this entire text as horses. In addition all
other livestock (goats, llamas etc) are considered part of the Royal Stables
and are subject to the same rules, as appropriate.
So it pretty much says the same thing, YEAH!!!  I'll bet if you ask our
fabulous KEO, Danielle, camels could be incorporated.  :-)

Here is the link to Artemisia's Handbook if ya wanna look through it for
more stuff:
http://www.artemisia.sca.org/stables/Artemisia_Equestrian_Handbook_2010.PDF

SMILES!!!
Freydis
~who says...  had this been on her watch as KEO, would be ECSTATIC!!!