[Artemisia] Artemisia Digest, Vol 87, Issue 25

Shanna danielle_sh at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 19 14:46:55 CST 2010

I fully understand, a horse of mine nearly took me off a cliff to get away from
some mules, hence the reccomendation for practices and the requirement that it
is safe.  In the event that the camel was handling it well and all the hourses
were freaking out I would recomend the MIC to arrange the layout /order of the
competition to allow all to compete as best as possible.  I.E. ask the camel
rider to make the last pass and hang out, out of sight if the horses are really
in such a tizzy that is likely to cause injury to horse or rider.  Remember it's
up to each rider to judge what they and their mount are capable of dealing with
and to pull themselves away from harmful situations.  The MIC is the net below
the trapeze, just in case you misjudge, not to judge for you.

-Danielle

>>My concern would be for the other riders and horses. Knowing my horses
reaction the first time they saw a llama. It got pretty exciting and they
still are not real comfortable around them. I could just imagine what they
would do if a camel showed up.
Annabella