No subject

Wed Dec 29 09:44:50 CST 2010

points during the SCA period. Compose and present a poem written in your =
favorite alliterative format. (A class on this topic will be taught on =
site and links to examples of alliterative poetry forms will be =
published on the Bardic Madness website soon.) =20

Blow someone else=E2=80=99s horn
Perform the work of some other SCA person, either as tribute to someone =
who could not be with us at the event, or to show off the work of a =
friend who=E2=80=99s there. Extra applause for memorizing, and for =
performing something that is not well-known. We=E2=80=99ll have a =
special chair up front for the author of your piece, if they are in =
attendance, to be recognized for their work!=20

Good Luck to the Barley Mow!
What celebration of a twenty-first birthday would be complete without =
some odes to alcohol? While there was no legal drinking age in the =
Middle Ages, we=E2=80=99ll celebrate Bardic Madness=E2=80=99 coming of =
age with a round of drinking songs. =20

Coming Home
In Northshield we value our homeland and many of our songs celebrate it. =
Present a song that sings the praises of Northshield, your local group, =
or some other place you consider home.

Bard Scribe Illuminator
Given a subject in the morning, compose, calligraph, and illuminate a =
text on that subject. This may be done individually or as a team. Extra =
applause given for performing the piece, too!

The theme of the Royal Challenge, should there be one, will be announced =
at a later date.

Please join us in Schattentor for a wonderful day of Bardic Challenges =
and classes. (Speaking of which, if you would like to teach at Bardic =
Madness XXI, please contact me! Class slots are still available!) More =
information about Bardic Madness is available at: =
http://www.bardicmadness.org/ =20

In Service to the Bardic Community,=20
~Eithni ingen Talorgain
Bardic Madness Provost=20

When he has obtained those things which are necessary to life, there is =
another alternative than to obtain the superfluities; and that is, to =
adventure on life now, his vacation from humbler toil having commenced.  =
  ---Thoreau

     =20