[Artemisia] UPDATE on Southern Regional Collegium‏

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 13 23:41:42 CST 2010

Forwarded per Dame Ellisif's request.
~Aurora

Unto the populace of Mighty Artemisia,

Just a quick reminder that we're looking for
arts and sciences teachers from all disciplines for this spring's
Southern Regional Collegium (April 10, 2010).  For this year's Collegium, we
are looking for more classes that are based on historical how to's or
about historical ideas/concepts (example: how to's on metal
embroirdery, how to create period ovens, how to make period hats, bookbinding in period, etc.).
The vast majority of classes will fit nicely within this broad scope. Many other
types of classes (such as SCA-based classes) could be simply refocused
on period aspects of the topic (for example, a 'caring for royalty'
class could refocused to describe 'Ladies-in-Waiting in Period' with
some research).
So if you have a class
you'd like to teach, send a description to Lady Ashe'el or to Dame
Ellisif and we will work with you.  We are here to serve the populace, and we're excited about this year's Collegium!

The Combat tracks and the Youth tracks also have openings-- if you'd like to teach, we'd love to hear from you.

Quick reminder--Master RanthulfR (www.RandyAsplund.com)
is one of our guest instructors and will be teaching bookbinding
techniques among other calligraphy/illumination topics.  We are excited
to have him!

Lady Flora is planning a period lunch for that
day, which will be included in the site fee-- she is also using this as
an additional teaching opportunity, so please watch your email and the
event web site (www.arrows-flight.org/collegium2010.htm) for details on
these cooking classes.

To sign up to teach or for any other event
-related questions, please correspond directly with the event staff
below (not via the e-lists).
In Service,

Southern Regional Collegium event team:

Dame Ellisif Sleggja, OP, Event Steward
dameellisif at gmail.com
801-221-8247

Lady Ashe'el Terestini, Arts & Sciences Track Steward
ashe_el at yahoo.com

Lord Rodrigo, Combat Track Steward
alexra69 at msn.com

Her Ladyship Aurora de Portugal, Youth Track Steward
dtavares1 at hotmail.com