[Artemisia] The Eleanor of Toledo Funeral Dress

Georgia Foster jo_foster81 at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 3 13:57:30 CST 2010

the dress from the portrait or the dress from the actual funeral?

I had long thought they were the same but check this out

http://realmofvenus.renaissanceitaly.net/workbox/extwomclo2.htm

Very nice dress too ... and specifies petticoat not hoops but the difference might be between the attire of a living upright person and a recombent dead one.  full farthingale might prove inconvenient for the undertaker.

Just a thought

Cheers

malkin

Otherhill

Artemisia

Jo (Georgia L.) Foster

Never knock on Death's door.
Ring the doorbell and run ... he hates that.

I don't want to set the world on fire, I'm just trying to light a candle.