[Artemisia] Rope farthingale

Linda Yordy lyordy at cableone.net
Thu Jan 7 13:28:31 CST 2010

Ooh, a rope corset is also on my "Someday I'd Like to . . ." list.

I've only made one rope farthingale so far, and that was with the
1/2" home-dec, piping stuff.  I only used 9 rows of cords with that
stuff (7 at the bottom about 2-3 inches apart and a couple around the
knee area).   It's stiff enough to hold out a 130-inch diameter skirt
made of cotton velveteen, and a slightly larger skirt made of
upholstery-type fabric.

I don't know if 1/8" will give enough stability.  I'd plan on doing
more than 9 rows.

The "recipe for a corded petticoat" calls for #16 cotton cord.
Anyone have any idea how big #16 is?  Maybe #16 is 1/8"?

Muirenn