[Artemisia] what did happen?

Tal talanesea at comcast.net
Mon Jan 11 20:12:10 CST 2010

I see the can of worms being opened, and I take the bait.....

There is nothing worse for me than to walk into a camp and have someone say
"Oh thank goodness you're here, these people can't keep a beat."  Way to
make them feel like crap for trying. Way to make me feel uncomfortable among
my brother and sister drummers. On top of that, dancers say "Play something
fast," while another group of dancers say "Play something slow." No please,
no thank you, as if I and all the drummers should just be thankful to have
you dance. We've been treated like this is our job, our obligation and it
sucks the fun out.  Dancers are mean to us if we take a break.  I will drum
till my hands bleed (and have) for people who appreciate the effort of the
craft.  I'll walk out when I'm treated like "just a drummer." We are real
musicians and we practice our craft.  We are also humans with emotions.
Treat us as less and we disappear.  Good drummers = good dancers and good
dancers = good drummers. The curtsey and chivalry has become rare.

Tal