[Artemisia] Uprising "Challenge"

Allen Hall dukealan at q.com
Mon Jan 11 22:32:47 CST 2010

Hello All,

Though we are presently in winter's icy clutches, Uprising is only 6 months away!  I'd like to present a challenge to you all...

By Uprising I'd like to challenge everyone to make "something new" or improve something.  Fighters:  how about making/acquiring a new piece of armor, or upgrade a weapon into a more historical appearance.  Campers:  make/acquire at least one thing that improves the medieval appearance of your camp.  Archers:  make an improvement to your kit to make it appear more historical.  Equestrians:  how about a new piece of armour for your HMC or jousting gear, or something new and "pretty" for your faithful steed.  Rapier fighters:  well, you are always on the quest for somethng pretty...so here's a reason to move forward on your project.

Think how much better things will be for everyone, if we all make an effort to improve "something".  That would be an overall improvement of roughly 800-900 somethings!  Pretty significant overall.

As far as plans for Uprising so far:

     The Bloomery will be back!  Watch and/or participate in the making of iron.  A most fundamental skill of civilization.

     Equestrian Classes and Training will take place twice a day on Tues-Wed-Thurs.  On Friday morning will be the 1000 Eyes Baronial Championship, open to all Equestrians.

     Friday afternoon will be a Combat of the Thirty.  A number of highly authentic fighters will participate in a melee.  This is a "new" thing that has been taking place at Pennsic and Gulf

     Wars, and encourages authentic period style armor.  Contact me if you're interested in participating, and I'll give you more details.  This should be a spectacle to watch!

     Shopping!  Children's activities!  Tournaments galore!  Who knows what else, but a good time is assured.

As always, there will be lots of classes, and fun to be had at Uprising 24.  Your suggestions are welcome, please contact me off-list and we can talk.

Alan

Uprising 24 co-Event Steward