[Artemisia] Shire of SilverKeep Birthday Bash

Linda Kinzy Rozalija_of_Silverkeep at msn.com
Tue Jan 12 09:18:47 CST 2010

Birthday Bash!
Shire of Silverkeep
January 16th

Welcome to the Outremer and the white snow...ummm sands of Silverkeep. To honor the Crown we continue the theme of the crusader era with a period Islamic feast as well as games and activities of the region.

Our tourney will be held that afternoon at 1:00pm.This will determine who will be our Shire Champion. Remember that this site has great, large windows that you can stand in front of and watch the fighting from inside.

There will be a light lunch in the afternoon. There will be a great Islamic feast that evening that will sate the appetite of even the largest Frank! Numerous removes of exotic and tasty victuals prepared by Lady Matilda of Sterling have been taken and carefully replicated from period recipes.

This is a wet site, period containers please. Brewers are invited to bring their creations. If we have enough brewers then our local livery company, the Spirits of Silverkeep, will organize a contest. An auction will be held with items that will amaze and astound from across the known world.

A chess tourney will be going on during the day with period chess sets as prizes.
Belly dancers are encouraged to entertain and compete in our Belly-Dance-Off!
Musicians and bards are especially welcomed. Live music is planned.
We will be having a best table setting contest, so bring your best...
Merchants are more then welcome and there is no merchant fee, but please donate an item for our auction. If you are interested, please contact Prior Helmut (priorhelmut at yahoo.com<about:blank>).
The event site will once again be Lindley Center, at Lindley Park in Bozeman, MT. Site opens at 10:00am and closes at 10:00pm. Site fee is $8 for the day (includes lunch), and $7 for the feast. Non-member surcharge will be $3. Children 6-12 are half price, under 6 are free!

Directions to site: Take your best route to Bozeman, MT. Take the East Main Street exit. Follow the road around, you will be going West. Turn left on Cypress Avenue at the top of the hill. You should see an SCA sign here. Follow Cypress around the park; Lindley Center will be on your right at the end of the park.

Event Steward: Prior Helmut (priorhelmut at yahoo.com<about:blank>) 406 586-8219
319 Yerger drive, Bozeman Montana 59718

east Steward: Lady Matilda of Sterling