[Artemisia] Uprising "Challenge"

Aghren the Brus aghren at msn.com
Wed Jan 13 06:58:45 CST 2010

I asked Duke Alan about building an oven at 12th Night. The location of it was not the majority of my question. I am toying withthe idea of building a cob oven, made with clay. I have not done one like that, but they seem simple enough. I was interested to find out that a readily available supply of clay is just up the road from Alan place (i..e. the cemetary).

Clay ovens are not as durable as brick ovesn. But they do not need the cure time that the cement does, and can be used almost immediately after construction. I would entertain doing a hands-on class actually building an oven (or 2) by the other ovens. I would rather do it then than in early an work project format. But please, Juliana, do not hold back on building more ovens. There would be plenty of demand for 6 or 8 I am sure.

If there are folks who would be interested in playing in the mud (wich would include scrounging clay), I will be happy to coordinate the effort.

YIS,

Aggie

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body,
but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting 'holy moley, what a ride!' G. Carlin