[Artemisia] Artemisia Digest, Vol 76, Issue 10

Justin (MKA Kevin B) justinbidel at comcast.net
Wed Jan 13 21:08:29 CST 2010

> From: Jackman-Brink, Julia<Julia.Jackman-Brink at mso.umt.edu>
> Subject: Re: [Artemisia] Swordfighting Classes for Collegium
> Date: Monday, January 11, 2010, 8:16 AM
>

> Good morning! You need to run this idea, as well as their class ideas,
> and their contact information, through the Kingdom Earl Marshal and the
> Kingdom Rapier Marshal.? This group does some things that our insurance
> definitely will now allow, (see: live-steel work), but there are other
> aspects that could be done in a class-type setting for sure. Again, the
> Kingdom Earl Marshal's Office can make that determination and help you
> with that. I gave them a heads up for you.?
>
> Juliana
> Kingdom Seneschal
>
> -

What she said.  I've got no idea exactly who we're talking about, but if
they aren't SCA, they'll need to know some very specific things about
how they can present what they know at an SCA event.  It's always a good
idea for the KEM and his deputy to sign off on combat teachers that
aren't familiar with the SCA.  Depending on what they do and their
format, they might need vetted by Lord Martin, the Deputy to the Kingdom
A&S officer for historical swordplay, as well.

It'd also be great if somebody could clue the rest of us in... depending
on who this is and if I've ever heard of them, I might be very
interested in attending and could help spread the word, or I might end
up warning the autocrat about them.

Justin
Card Carrying Historical Swordsmanship Geek