[Artemisia] this nifty thing I bought at GL 12th night

bengta1 at aol.com bengta1 at aol.com
Sun Jan 17 15:27:35 CST 2010

In a message dated 1/17/2010 12:51:59 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
jo_foster81 at hotmail.com writes:

The name  of this marvelous device starts with the letter M.

You have a Morodai for making Kumihimo - Japanese cord.  When  finished, it
is impossible to differentiate the product from Norse Whipcord  Braiding.

You can use a small bag filled with sand or rice or beans, etc etc as a
center weight.  You will probably want at least 8 "bobbins" to wind cord  on.
The heavier the weight and the bobbins, the more elongated the  pattern.
Bobbins could be pieces if larger dowel, bolts with nuts,  etc.  Pieces of
cardboard or short pencils need more weight added to work  well.  When
working, if you use both hands at once the motions almost  become a dance and are
very peaceful and soothing.

Try 4 pairs of colors.  Each color is across from its  mate.

1    2
4                3
3                4
     2      1

Work around the disc continuing in the same direction using both  hands:
Pick up and exchange color 1.
Pick up and exchange color 2.
Pick up and exchange color 3.
Pick up and exchange color 4.
Pick up and exchange color 1.

See also
_Lynnette's Kumihimo  Webpage_
(http://lynnette.housezacharia.com/Kumihimo/)

Next time you see me. check out the straps on my apron dress.  They  are of
course Norse whipcord braiding (But I made them on my Morodai).

Have fun!
YIS
Bengta