[Artemisia] Estrella War Pre-reg deadline extended to January 25, 2010!

Carl Leist media at estrellawar.org
Sun Jan 17 22:47:52 CST 2010

Their Majesties of Atenveldt have asked that this missive be distributed as
widely as possible so that everyone may take advantage of the deadline
extension.

Greetings from Eduard and Asa, King and Queen of these glorious lands of
Atenveldt.

Estrella War.  Two words that conjure up thoughts of that one of the great
truths of The Society; that we are all family. Estrella War has been, for so
many people around the Knowne World, where we meet for the first time,
friendships are forever formed, and We pick-up previous conversations from
years past as if they had never stopped.  It is also for Our Society the
singular event where we know that the vast majority of our SCA family will
be journeying from all over to visit. It is Our Family Reunion. For many in
the SCA no other event in the entirety of the Knowne World brings so much
excitement or defines what the SCA is all about!

Her Majesty and I are aware that the world outside the SCA has been dark for
many people. We are also very aware that it has been very difficult
economically for many to Pre-register before the January 17th deadline.
Since Estrella War is one place we can all come together as a Society, no a
FAMILY, Her Majesty and I have asked the Autocrats for Estrella War to *extend
the deadline to January 25th* in order to allow everyone the opportunity to
save money by Pre-registering for the war.

In case you were needing some other reasons to Pre-register here are some of
the great benefits to doing so:

1. SAVE $20: The HIGHEST price you pay to Pre-register an Adult is $20 LESS
than
you pay at the gate for an adult, regardless of the day you arrive
(ADULT MEMBER: Pre-reg=$65, Gate=$85, NON-MEMBER: Pre-register =$75,
Gate=$95).

2. Pre-registered people can get in a day earlier than people who pay at the
gate (At 8:00AM, Monday, February 8, 2010, instead of Tuesday, February 9,
2010). So you pay LESS, but get in earlier!

3. Pre-registrations can be transferred to someone else if you can't go at
the last minute. So in the unfortunate event that your plans change, you can
sell the Pre-registration to someone who is going, and they can use it.

4. Front gate only accepts cash and traveler's checks, but you can
Pre-register with a credit card!!

5. The entrance line for Pre-registration is generally shorter, and always
moves faster than the General Admission line. So you can get onsite and get
your camp setup sooner when you arrive.

See all this information and the get the link to Pre-register at:
http://tinyurl.com/estrellaprereg or go directly to Pre-register at ACCEPS (
http://tinyurl.com/accepspreregdirect)

*Having difficulty paying the full amount at this time? We have an answer
for you!* Though this is not official Estrella War Policy it should be known
that the war has a very liberal Pre-registration policy. If you can't pay
the full adult price now you can make a deposit of sorts by Pre-registering
as a Youth ($20) and they will let you pay the balance at the gate. Doing
this will enable you to still get the Pre-registration rate.

Troll has informed me that they are already prepared for this at the gate.
If you are an adult who Pre-registered as a Youth, to help speed up the
process when you arrive at Gate, go straight to the cash registers and tell
them there that you need to pay for a Youth to Adult upgrade. After you pay
the difference take the receipt they give you and go get in line to pick up
your Pre-registration packet.

We hope this information assists you in your plans to coming to Estrella War
and we look forward to seeing all of Our Family there,

Eduard            Asa

Rex                  Regina

(posted by)

Estrella War XXVI Media Office