[Artemisia] Southern Regional Collegium

Dawn Tavares dtavares1 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 19 12:22:52 CST 2010

Forwarded on behalf of Dame Ellisif at her request.

~Aurora de Portugal

Greetings unto the Noble Populace of Artemisia:

Spring will be here before we realize, and with that comes our annual Southern Regional Collegium, planned for April 10, 2010. This year the event will be held at St. James Episcopal Church in Midvale, UT. This event is jointly hosted by the Barony of Loch Salann, the Barony of Gryphon's Lair, the Province of Arrows' Flight and the Shire of Cote du Ciel.

Some event updates follow. Please cross-post at will.

We Need Teachers

We are looking for teachers, lots of them. We need arts and sciences teachers of every discipline, combat track teachers, and youth track teachers. The various leaders of these different tracks are listed below. Please, if you can teach, we need you. In order to fulfill our charter as an educational organization, we are focusing specifically on classes that deal with some historical aspect of the time period we study (especially in the Arts & Sciences tracks). If you have questions about the suitability of your class, please contact me directly. A reminder: teaching hours count toward Artemisian University credits.

Guest Instructor #1: Randy Asplund

I'm pleased to announce that Randy Asplund (Mst. RanthulfR) of the Midrealm has agreed to travel to our fair lands to consult and teach with our scribal community. His web site is www.randyasplund.com. He asks that our populace give feedback on what kinds of classes we'd be interested in... so, let's hear it, scribes! What you like Mst. RanthulfR to teach? His most recent correspondence to me stated:

"... We can do most anything related to C&I [Calligraphy & Illumination] between 700 and 1500 AD, including gothic binding and making parchment and colors. I can also handle Q&A or portfolio consultation ..."

Please respond directly to me (Ellisif) and I'll gather the feedback and report back to Mst. RanthulfR. We are also looking for crash space for RanthulfR and possibly his wife, though they need to be hosted in a home without dust, mold, or cats, due to allergic considerations. Please contact me directly if you have suitable space and live in the area.

Other Guest Instructor announcements will be forthcoming.

Lunch

Lunch at this event will be provided as part of your site fee. Lady Flora has agreed once again to help feed the ravaging Artemisian hordes! Requests for food donations will be forthcoming.

Class Track Coordinators

Please submit your classes to these folks by email:

Lord Rodrigo de Castilla Leon, Combat/Archery Track Steward (alexra69 at msn.com)
Lady Ashe'el Terestini, Arts and Sciences Track Steward (ashe_el at yahoo.com)
The Honorable Lady Aurora de Portugal, Youth Track Steward (dtavares1 at hotmail.com)

For questions about the guest instructor(s) or for any other event question, please contact me directly:

Dame Ellisif Sleggja, Event Steward (dameellisif at gmail.com or 801-221-8247)

Thank you, and let's make this a great Collegium!

--Dame Ellisif