[Artemisia] knight sump. law question

Reuben and Arwen reuben_arwen at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 1 16:20:08 CDT 2010

Thank you all for your well considered replies on the sash question.

As an aside-
I do, by modern standards, have a European persona.  Esther lives in the Balat section of Istanbul located on the European side.  Not culturally European of course.  Now I'm wondering about what was considered Europe by people living in late period.  Did they even think in those terms, or was it more divided by political or religious boarders?  This Empire vs. That one?  Christian countries vs. Islam?  Europeans had plenty of contact with my area, so is it considered part of the "Known-World" or not?  Is there a huge differentiation between SCA thought and historical thought on this subject?  Off on a new tangent sorry,

Esther