[Artemisia] Duke Deaton Claymore

holdtyte1 at aol.com holdtyte1 at aol.com
Wed Jul 21 14:36:05 CDT 2010

Greetings Friends!

Some of you may have heard that the week before last, Duke Deaton Claymore,
Premier of the Chivalry of Atenveldt, suffered a stroke. We are happy to say
that he is now out of the hospital and beginning recovery. But it is clear
he will need to complete a journey through rehabilitation to improve speech
and motor functions. His Grace does not have health insurance, and is not
expected to be able to work for a while. And because his rehab is currently
paid out-of-pocket, he and his family are struggling to pay his bills.

We write today with the permission of His Grace's family to ask if you are
able to assist His Grace in his time of need in any of the following ways:

OPTION 1. You can send cash through the PayPal account shown at the end of
this email.

OPTION 2. You give cash or checks directly to Duchess Katerina O'Callaghan
or Lady Nicolete la Rossa (please make checks out to Katie Richardson or
Cyndi McCurdy since it is difficult for His Grace to cash checks at the
moment).

OPTION 3. If you are out of town, checks can be made out to "Cyndi McCurdy"
and mailed to:

Cyndi McCurdy
8514 N. 49th Lane
Glendale, AZ  85302

OPTION 4. You can donate an item to be auctioned in an internet auction we
will be coordinating in the next month. All of the funds collected will go
directly to Duke Deaton. Here is how:

a. Take a picture of the item. To donate a service, take a picture of a
promissory for the service.

b. Send an email to mattkatie2 at cox.net and NicoletelaRossa at aol.com that
includes: the picture of the item as an attachment, your SCA and modern
name, your phone number, your address, a description of the item, and an
appropriate "opening bid amount".

c. Emails about donations must be received by July 31, 2010 for the item to
be included.

The items donated will be placed on a Facebook page and the link will be
advertised so people can bid on them. When the item is sold, the person
purchasing the item will be asked to deposit their payment donation in a
Paypal account or send a check. When payment is made, the buyer will be
given your contact info so you can arrange delivery.

ABOUT DEATON CLAYMORE

Duke Deaton has been involved in the SCA for almost 40 years, and has
touched many lives. His fierce independence, kindness, good humor, service
to others, and honorable presence are well known. These things are the real
gifts we give each other in the Current Middle Ages. And he generosity and
support the SCA offers when one of our own has a rough patch through life
are the Society's greatest treasures.

Duke Deaton Claymore
http://www.atenveldt.org/Heraldry/OrderofPrecedence/memid/987.aspx

Words of encouragement can be sent to His Grace at deatonclaymore@ gmail.com
[OMIT SPACES]. While he is not able to easily reply to messages, his family
is making sure he reads or gets all missives sent to him.

Thank you!
Duchess Katerina O'Callaghan (Katie Richardson) Lady Nicolete la Rossa
(Cyndi McCurdy)