[Artemisia] Camping Rice Success

Tamar Black Sea tamar at coteduciel.org
Sun Jul 25 12:59:44 CDT 2010

Hey Everyone!

I just wanted to give a follow-up report on the Camping Rice situation.
The "Pre-Cook, Boil-in-the-Bag Method" worked wonderfully! We ended up
with fluffy, perfectly cooked rice.

We were hosting my husband's Chinese family on a camping trip. In
general, the family doesn't camp, is fearful of being outdoors, doesn't
approve of their "not Chinese" daughter-in-law (me), and is skeptical of
anything that I cook....so producing a big pot of scorched rice was NOT
an option.

Score "One" for improved international relations.  :-)

Thanks to everyone for helpful advice!
-tamar