[Artemisia] : Duke Deaton Claymore's auction information

holdtyte1 at aol.com holdtyte1 at aol.com
Mon Jul 26 09:52:18 CDT 2010

Duke Deaton Claymore, Premier of the Chivalry of Atenveldt, recentlysuffered a stroke. And although he is now out of the hospital and beginningrecovery, he needs rehabilitation to improve speech and motor functions. HisGrace does not have health insurance, and is not expected to be able to workfor a while. And because his rehab is currently paid out-of-pocket, he andhis family are struggling to pay his bills.  We write today with the permission of His Grace's family to ask if you areable to assist His Grace in his time of need by purchasing items we have upfor internet auction (ALL of the funds collected go directly to His Grace):http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=11898&id=110849282299280&l=8963b52b66Click on the individual pictures to see a description of the item, as wellas current bids (in the comments below the pictures). To bid on an item:1. If you belong to Facebook, become a Fan of the "For Duke Deaton" page andenter your bid in a comment below the picture of the item.OR2. If you do not belong to Facebook, send an email to cyndi4762@ aol.com[OMIT SPACES] or mattkatie2 @cox.net [OMIT SPACES] and we will post a bidfor you.When an item is sold, the person purchasing the item will be asked todeposit their payment donation in a Paypal account or send a check. Whenpayment is made, the buyer will be given contact info so they can arrangedelivery. Bids will be open until August. We are accepting donated items forauction until July 31, 2010.If you don't want to participate in the auction, but wish to send funds toHis Grace, you can send cash through PayPal by going to www.paypal.com andselecting the PERSONAL tab. Use the SEND MONEY function to send funds to:cyndi4762@ aol.com [OMIT SPACES].ABOUT DEATON CLAYMORE Duke Deaton has been involved in the SCA for almost 40 years, and hastouched many lives. His fierce independence, kindness, good humor, serviceto others, and honorable presence are well known. These things are the realgifts we give each other in the Current Middle Ages. And the generosity andsupport the SCA offers when one of our own has a rough patch through lifeare the Society's greatest treasures.  Duke Deaton Claymore http://www.atenveldt.org/Heraldry/OrderofPrecedence/memid/987.aspx Words of encouragement can be sent to His Grace at deatonclaymore@ gmail.com[OMIT SPACES]. While he is not able to easily reply to messages, his familyis making sure he reads or gets all missives sent to him.  Thank you! Duchess Katerina O'Callaghan (Katie Richardson) Lady Nicolete la Rossa (Cyndi McCurdy)