[Artemisia] Fwd: [STEPS] Oregon Shakespearean Festival costume sale: August 7

Jari damerowan at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 29 18:51:46 CDT 2010

I know most of us are at least one state away, but on the off chance
anyone may be visiting Southern Oregon, I though folks might like to
know.  This is a forward from 'The Steps', the An Tir email list.

HE Dame Rowan
[late of An Tir and now in Arn Hold]

Greetings friends from Dame Arwen Lioncourt,

OMG!  Oregon Shakes is selling old costumes!  When I went to school at SOSC,
I got a pair of 15th century brown velvet hanging sleeves for a man's cote
from the free box at the food co-op.  They were padded and quilted in satin,
and they were five feet long!  YUM!  Anyway, I simply HAD to make a 16th
century Spanish surcote to go with them!!!  The problem is that the sleeves
and cote weighed a ton!  OSF's costumes are BUILT, not simply made.  I
learned a lot about construction/drape/fabric choice after I gently tore the
sleeves apart last year.

Anyway, if you can get to Ashland, Oregon on August 7, you simply MUST.  The
sale benefits the festival, and it is a great source for quality clothes!
by JOHANNA THOMPSON, Ashland Daily Tidings
kgw.com
Posted on July 29, 2010 at 12:46 PM
More than 100 boxes and 24 racks of costumes priced from $1 to $100 will be
displayed from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Aug. 7, in the parking lot of OSF's
warehouse at the corner of Helman and Hersey streets.
The pieces are priced to move. More than 1,000 costumes are $2, said
Rethman-Foll. If anything is left after the sale, it most likely will go
back into stock.
Some of the more interesting pieces for sale are capes from "The Tempest"
and the fanciful collections from "Midsummer Night's Dream" and "The Merry
Wives of Windsor." Many costumes are from productions in the last five
years.
Costumes priced at $5 and above will be hanging; $1 and $2 items will be in
boxes.