[Artemisia] Medieval Prom

Tamar Black Sea tamar at coteduciel.org
Mon Jun 21 23:20:38 CDT 2010

To The Organizers of the Medieval Prom:

I wanted to say a public "Thank You!" to the organizers of the Medieval
Prom. When my daughters, Altani and Mariam, heard about the Prom, they
were excited and apprehensive. The SCA is often mostly a grown-up game;
especially in a household where both Mom and Dad are fighters.

The Prom succeeded beyond our wildest dreams! Both my girls just floated
home from the ball and we stayed up for at least an hour afterward
talking about all the cool things that happened there. They loved the
mix of music. They loved the Dance Masters. They loved the lights; and
most of all, they loved the fact that the youth of Artemisia had their
chance to live the dream that night. As one of my girls said, "Finally;
the SCA is for me too!"

Thank you to Mistress Tangyl and too the Dance Master whose name I don't
know. (You know who you are and you were AWESOME!)
Thank you to Darius for taking pictures.
Thank you to Aurora de Portugal for facilitating and organizing.
Thank you, thank you, thank you to anyone I might have missed.

You guys all did a great job! I hope the Prom will be a tradition that
we continue at Uprising and I will be happy to help in any way I can to
make it happen.

YIS,
Tamar