[Artemisia] Battlemoor Fire Restrictions & Camping

BennetBev at aol.com BennetBev at aol.com
Tue Jun 22 14:46:34 CDT 2010

Greetings  to all Travelers to Battlemoor from the Autocrat staff!
Due  to several forest fires and the extreme dry conditions in Colorado we
will be  limiting fires at Battlemoor. There will be no wood-fire pits or
above ground  fires allowed in encampments.  We will have one large well
attended fire  pit in the Down Town/Town Hall area for all to enjoy.  Flames must
have an  on/off switch. This means propane torches that are clear away from
trees  and propane fire pits that are also clear from trees that have an
easy access  on/off knob or switch.  We apologize for any inconvenience that
this  causes, but we have to attend to the safety of people and the site as
our first  priority.
Also,  as camp land requests are streaming in we are ecstatic at the
anticipated turn  out for the War!  Please limit your camps to having a shared
shade tent and  understand that camp land will be distributed by SCA standard
(225 sq. ft per  person).  We have received requests with lists of enormous
personal  pavilions and we hope that you understand that sharing space will
make it more  comfortable for all to camp.
Friendship,  beautiful vistas, battle, Valor and Hospitality await all who
make the  journey.
Safe  Travels,
The  Battlemoor One Staff