[Artemisia] Iberian Event Feast

ricki radford ricki_vee at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 7 10:02:08 CST 2010

As winter recedes and Artemisia welcomes the new and glorious Monarchs from the Northern lands, our thoughts turn to exploration.

On the 15th day of May the Barony of Arn Hold hosts a Tour of the Iberian Peninsula.  As part of the festivities we will be holding a Late period Spanish feast of five removes.

In light of the economic condition of the lands that we live in, and the generosity of some Merchants in the Barony of Arn Hold, the feast fee has been changed to $7 per person.

Reservation deadline for payment is May 7, 2010.

Figs, Peppers, olives ,bread, & cheese

Figs in the French style, sweet peppers, olives, artisan breads, and cheeses
Arroz con Pollo served with Moros Y Christianos

Stewed Chicken dish spiced with saffron
Rice & Bean dish
Sallat & Torta de Huevos

Salad and omelet of new world ingredients
Roast Lamb & Beef with Orto Potaje Moderno and Champinones

Roasted lamb and beef Castillian style with dishes of chard and mushrooms. Served with table sauces.
Desserts of Flaon, Pestinos, & Yemas

Cheesecake, sweet pastry, and candies
Menu loosely based on recipes from  'Libro de Guisados' - Barcelona 1559 with New world ingredients.

Allergens in dishes will be well labeled.  Allergens include mushrooms, onions, and almonds.

For allergen and dietary concerns please contact Baroness Jofrior Connersdattir
ricki_vee at yahoo.com
For Reservations Contact HL Susana de el Castillo
thl.susana at yahoo.com

For more information on the event and site please see
http://web.me.com/scascot/Iberian/Home.html