[Artemisia] KRM Report for all Rapier Fighters

azirlt at aol.com azirlt at aol.com
Thu Mar 11 22:03:18 CST 2010

Greetings unto all Rapier Fighters of Artemisia

It has come to my attention that there has been a dramatic increase in sword tip blunts failing and blades blowing through the ends of the blunts. PLEASE watch for this and replace blunts if they show any kind of damage or risk of failure. Replace old worn tips and install washers in the tips of the new blunts.
Please watch any new batches of new blunts that you have just purchased as it appears to be a bad batch of new ones that are failing.

To my knowledge there are 3 manufactures of blunts suitable for WMA and SCA rapiers.
1.Who ever makes them for Barta, (who supplies 3 Rivers and ? Kustom King archery suppliers)
2. the manufacturer that Triplette imports from.
3. Darkwood.

To my knowledge we have not had a problem in Artemisia yet but there has been some very serious injuries in other kingdoms. Please report any failures ASAP.

Yours in service
Maestro Azir de Lucera
OP,DWS,KRM